For English-speaking users ruDREAM

• Hi,

who can tell me, hov can i install the ruDream Image on a MultiBoot System on a HDD.

If i install the Image vith FlashVizzard Pro, i became a Error like this:

(see at belov Error.JPG)

Изображения

Сообщение было отредактировано 2 раз, последнее редактирование пользователем TrippleEx ().

• This error happens because you have old version squashfs in flash. So,
    First of all, you have to install latest rudream image (with new squashfs) to flash. This is will solve your problem.

• Hi SerT,

thx you, beacuse it is the last image in the Upload Center. It's the v rd7000_b109_050814-0004.img.

Where can i get the rudream image (with new squashfs)?

Ahhh, i think now i understand you....., you mean i need rudream image in the real Flash at my DreamBox, right?

Beacause i will be use the original image in the real Flash, i will use ruDream as a Multiboot Image.

How can i do that.

• Hi, TrippleEx

Yes, you have to install image with new squashfs into Flash of dreambox by DreamUP throught COM port. This is bacause new image unpacking by the image in Flash.

P.S. Don't forget to make "Flash Erase" - hold UP button on dreambox during boot until you see "flash erase" on LCD.

WBR.

Сообщение было отредактировано 2 раз, последнее редактирование пользователем SerT ().

• Hi,
    Unfortunately, I don't know detailed explanation about this.
    But I read that in original 109 image with kernel 2.6.9+squashfs2.0r2 and images based on it has error. When you unpack new image it will give you error too.

More detailed info can give Alexvrs.

WBR.

• "image unpacking by the image in Flash" that means that image, that allready in flash operating the process of unpacking of newer one/
    that may be a problem, when maiking critical updates, as file system etc

all you have to do - is flash your box throght COM cable/;
    after flashing YOU MUST make flash erase (up arrow)
    DO NOT recover settings from older images - just make it again//

thats all. then everything will work

Сообщение было отредактировано 1 раз, последнее редактирование пользователем tuskan ().

• Musicbob (Flashwizard autor) said on Пожалуйста зарегистрируйся для просмотра данной ссылки на страницу.

Hi, as for dm7000, you can install some images on multiboot only if a compatible kernel is in the flash image.

If you have an old only cramfs image in flash, then you cannot install a new cramfs+squashfs image in multiboot, it's the same for dm7000.

Try to put a new 1.08 dm500 image in your flash and then reinstall gemini, or put gemini itself in flash and then install other images in multiboot (also old ones should install ok if a newer kernel is in the flash image).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ultima modifica da musicbob il 14/02/05 alle ore 08.51.

Сообщение было отредактировано 1 раз, последнее редактирование пользователем SerT ().

• do you recommend to use FW 5.2 for install single rudream-image in flash (I don't use multiboot at all). Is it more safety, reliable then to use standart methods by network (Manual Software Update in Expert Setup) ???

In August I had several strange bugs after install new rudream beta in flash. :(
    Usually I used option Manual Software Update in Expert Setup)

• Пожалуйста зарегистрируйся для просмотра данной ссылки на страницу.
    But wanted to pop in and say hello, to all!

• regarding Your question.
    After installing image on USB open FTP and do some changes in following file /mnt/usb/fwpro/Your_Image-NAME_Here/etc/init.d/rcS

Just 2 lines, the RED lines, are to be added to rcS file, the other lines are unchanged ( THANKS to Musicbob for this nice solution)

if [ $init -eq 1 ]; then
    /bin/rm -f /hdd/var/.initaddons
    /bin/rm -f /mnt/usb/var/.initaddons
    /bin/rm -f /mnt/jffs/.initaddons
    /bin/mount -o bind /mnt/jffs /var
    elif [ -e /mnt/jffs/.initaddons ]; then
    /bin/rm -f /hdd/var/.initaddons
    /bin/rm -f /mnt/usb/var/.initaddons
    elif [ -e /mnt/usb/var/.initaddons ]; then
    /bin/mount -o bind /mnt/usb/var /var
    /bin/rm -f /hdd/var/.init
    elif [ -e /hdd/var/.initaddons ]; then
    /bin/mount -o bind /hdd/var /var
    else
    if [ ! -e /root/platform/kernel/bild ]; then
    touch /var/.initaddons
    fi
    fi

• oh silly me...Thanks!!! I am getting blind lol.

• Hi

What is situation in Russia with Conax and VideoGuard Decryption?
    Here in Finnland there is NO Cams or Softcam available for them.
    We should make up a team which hacks these methods.
    I'm voluntary to participate. I have many years electronics design experiences and HW capabilities with some sophisticated measuring /analysing tools like locig analyzer, Fast OScilloscopes etc.
    Could someone to advice me to participate those teams if there exists one
    :sport:

• Hello,

who can help me please i will have freq symbrate screeninfo in my skins
    and i gave done this in the enigma source and it works
    but have big problem wen i start for the first time.

then the enigma resarts but when 5x push on the exit button on the remote than it works.
    but than thare is a seccond problem when i record a movie via the timer
    and will play back than the enigma resart after 10 seconds.

so is the no other way to get this info in the skin displayed

look this is my sollution. in enigma_main.xpp and ofcoure some changes in enigma_main.h.

so please who can help me further wiht this problem...
    i hope there is another solution for this.

you can mail me on this addres aerts11@planet.nl (in english or german) please

greetz
    doppie