Ätot wopros ludsche k Symantec sadat, ya toge sametil
    4to posle installatii Norton Virenscanner 2003 pojawilsja
    otkritii port, kotorii okrila wot eta
    Common Client CC App progga

mnogo skasat nemogu no togno snaü 4to eto ot
    Symantec NV 2003

• wot koe-4to taschoel:

Mail Washer
    As if the above problem was not enough, NAV 2003 also caused problems with MailWasher which I use to read my email. When I told MailWasher to get my email, ZoneAlarm asked whether to allow Common client CC app to connect to the internet. If I say no, MailWasher fails. If I say yes it works. This is not a MailWasher program, it is a NAV program. Why is it sticking itself between my email program and my email server?

The program is ccapp.exe version 1.00.104 from August 19, 2002. ZoneAlarm says the product name is "common client". This only happens the first time I use MailWasher. If I close it down and restart it, the next time it checks mail I'm not asked any questions. When both NAV 2003 and Live Update were un-installed, MailWasher worked the way it always did. (November 26, 2002)

Update: I used MailWasher to preview an email message than contained a virus attachment. NAV 2003 warned me about the virus, something NAV 2001 had never done. No doubt, this is somehow related to the common client program. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, as MailWasher was never susceptible to viruses anyway. December 2, 2002.

Another MailWasher problem: MailWasher never had connection problems prior to installing NAV 2003. Now it occasionally does producing error messages that are obviously not true, such as connection dropped (when it had not) and checking if the POP3 mail server really was a POP3 mail server (it is and has always been). There were also delays in authenticating to the mail server that never happened before NAV 2003. Twice while having connection problems I re-configured NAV 2003 not to scan incoming mail and each time the MailWasher connection problems disappeared immediately. The connection errors are not consistent, sometimes MailWasher can connect to my ISP's email server fine. But they are frequent enough to be annoying. December 14, 2002.